Drain cleaning is a delicate process that impacts your entire plumbing system. However, many homeowners don’t realize the magnitude of the problem and believe they can resolve a clogged drain themselves. This often does more harm than good. Here are a few reasons to have a pro handle your drain cleaning instead of taking chances.
1. Chemical Drain Cleaners Can Damage Pipe
Many store-bought drain cleaners contain corrosive chemicals that erode pipes from the inside out, potentially causing leaks and catastrophic damage. Heat produced by some chemicals can soften materials like PVC. These cleaners often don’t provide a permanent fix anyway. They may dislodge a blockage, but instead of removing it, the cleaner pushes it further down the pipe.
2. Improved Water Flow
Water flow is restricted as material accumulates inside a drain or pipe. Soap residue and hair build up in a drain little by little. A sink or tub may be draining more slowly, but the difference may be so subtle you don’t notice it. While a pipe may handle normal usage, it may fail when extra demand is put on it during, for example, a holiday gathering. Professional drain cleaning is recommended because it improves water flow over the long term.
3. Healthier Indoor Environment
Drain problems can have a detrimental impact on the environment in your home. Here are a few reasons not to risk DIY cleaning, and to have a professional clean out your drains.
- Odors: A sewer backup can cause extremely unpleasant smells. Flushing the water won’t help, but a professional can help get rid of the unbearable odor.
- Mold and mildew: The dark, moist environment of a drain is perfect for mold growth; fumes from mold can trigger allergies and a host of health problems.
- Flies: The slime residing in a drain is an ideal nesting ground for drain flies. They’re similar to moths, but hatch inside the drain and can infest your home.
- Hygienics: A clogged pipe can cause sewage to back up. Raw sewage is full of material discarded from your home as well as harmful pathogens.
4. Lower Water Bills
If there is a hidden water leak, the utility company registers it as increased water usage. Your bill will, therefore, be higher. By having a certified plumber inspect and repair your drains/pipes, the problem can be quickly spotted and fixed, resulting in long-term savings. The cost of fixing a problem is less than it used to be, thanks to advanced methods of leak detection and repair.
5. Fast Diagnostics
Experienced plumbers use special video cameras that can reach deep into the pipe. This is an effective way to inspect your plumbing. The technician can quickly identify the source of the problem, whether it’s greasy buildup, a foreign object, or tree roots, and apply the right solutions to correct it and avoid a catastrophic failure.
6. Future Drain Clogs Can Be Prevented
Professional drain cleaning can reduce the risk of flooding or prevent future clogs. Plus, they can avoid a severe clog that at the very least can be annoying. They can also reduce future expenses associated with repairing more severe plumbing problems.
Call Absolute Airflow for Professional Drain Cleaning
We now offer drain cleaning services in Los Angeles County, Orange County, and the Inland Empire. Call us for our $89 special discount on drain cleaning and to have a technician quickly dispatched to your home. We can be reached at 833-482-2626, 24-hours a day, so call anytime!